The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma at www.okotoenigmasblog.com to give recognition to bloggers in the blogging community and to let their readers learn a bit more about the person behinds the posts.
I was recently nominated for this award by the lovely Nicky Jane – thanks Nicky! Click on her name to check out her wonderful blog.
The Rules of the Mystery Blogger Award
- Add the award logo to your blog
- List the rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide their blog link
- Mention the award creator and link to their blog as well
- List three things about yourself
- Answer the questions your nominator asked
- Share a link to your best post or posts
- Nominate 10 to 20 people and notify them
- List your 5 questions for them to answer in their posts. Make sure one of them is weird or funny and specify which one that is
Three Things About Me
- I have a phobia of 5ps which people find really weird but to be honest, I find it weird too. I hate looking at them and the thought of touching one makes me feel sick. If ever a 5p drops out of the self-service machine in the supermarket, I always leave it in there. And no, I have no idea why I hate them so much.
- I was the fastest female 100m runner in Primary School and won multiple medals. I also won medals for front crawl swimming too. As soon as I went to secondary school though, my scoliosis (curvature of the spine) worsened and I also stopped growing at 5ft tall so I never carried on with athletics. My Mum, Dad and Brother were all the fastest runners in their schools too so it definitely ran in the family. Excuse the punt.
- My first ever crush was on Frodo Baggins from Lord of the Rings. And no I don’t mean Elijah Wood! I used to really fancy Frodo and would get really jealous if any other girl mentioned they liked him too. I was only about 8 at the time but there was this girl who was around 13 and she had posters of Elijah Wood on her wall and I started to really hate her with a passion. I’m pretty sure I’m not that much of a jealous person in real life now!
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
My favourite thing about blogging is being allowed the freedom to write about whatever I want, whenever I want. I also love that there is such a supportive community of other bloggers out there who take a lot of time out of their day to read other bloggers’ posts and support them.
- Where is the place you most often sit to write your blog posts?
In my kitchen. We’ve just had a new kitchen fitted with a lovely island in the middle so the lighting is great and the bar stalls are really comfy. If I’m not at home though, I’ll create blog posts on my phone from anywhere.
- How do you incorporate blogging into your daily life?
I work full time so I can’t blog all day, but I spend my lunch breaks, evenings and weekends working on my blog. I also use Hootsuite to schedule a lot of my social media posts.
- What is one thing you’ve learned about yourself from blogging?
I’ve learned that I can achieve anything if I really put my mind to it. I’d dabbled with blogging for years but because I never got many views, I always gave up. With this blog though, I stayed consistent, even at times when only 5 people viewed my posts, and it paid off in the end. I reached 1000 blog views in 2 weeks last month!
- If you had to choose between having feet for hands or hands for feet, what would you choose and why? (funny)
Definitely hands for feet. Hands are a lot prettier than feet and I’d hate to have ugly feet on the end of my wrists. I hate looking at feet. Also, hands have a lot more movement in them so I could probably find more use if my feet were hands than if my hands were feet.
My Best Posts
Although my blog is based mainly on motivation, I have a variety of posts on here, just to switch things up a bit. My most successful posts are:
- 5 Reasons Why You Need To Download Gabby Allen’s Fitness App Now (The Love Island beauty shared this post on her Instagram story AND on her Twitter account, giving my blog a lot more exposure than it was used to. Her app is truly brilliant and I use it regularly.)
- How To Nail The Interview To Your Dream Job (This was one of my first blog posts and I had a lot of great feedback from it. It’s only relevant if you’re job searching really but it’s still worth a read!)
For the Mystery Blogger Award, I Now Nominate:
(Links to the blogger’s Twitter account and their blog)
There are sooo many blogs to choose from so I may add some more to this list throughout the week.
- What were your reasons for starting your blog?
- Do your friends and family support your blog?
- What are your 3 main goals/targets for your blog this year?
- Who is your favourite author? (And what book of theirs is your fav?)
- If a movie was made about your life, what genre would it be and who would play you?
I hope you enjoyed reading my post about The Mystery Blogger Award. Don’t forget to link your award post back to my blog so that I can read it!